David Hughes worked as a researcher and writer for two California litigation law firms between 1988 and 2005, and has worked on a freelance basis since then. His areas of expertise include personal injury litigation plaintiff and defense, medical malpractice plaintiff, contract law especially contracts of insurance, insurance bad faith litigation defense, insurance coverage opinion letters, administrative law defense . He also taught English in China and Azerbaijan for eight years and worked as a welder in shipyards in the San Francisco Bay Area for seven years. He is an outdoorsman and loves being in the mountains
Recent Articles by David Hughes
If you own a business, there is no way to make the confidential information you store and process on your computers entirely safe from cyber attacks. Cyber insurance coverage provides protection in the event of a breach. Read this article to learn more.
If you own a small boat, you likely need an insurance policy to cover it. Find out why you should get coverage for your boat and what you need to know when shopping for a policy.
Choosing the right commercial group life or health insurance plan can be a challenge for small business owners. This overview of the most common group benefit options will help you make the right choice for your business and your employees.
All Articles by David Hughes
- An Introduction to Cyber Insurance for Businesses
- Boat and Watercraft Insurance: The Basics
- An Overview of Commercial Group Life and Health Plans
- Condo Insurance 101
- A Look at Burial Insurance
- You're Moving! Here's Why You Need Insurance
- An Intro to Workers' Compensation
- Back to the Basics: The Key Components of Your Home Insurance Policy
- Back to the Basics: The Key Components of Your Auto Insurance Policy
- The Ultimate Guide to Auto Insurance
- What Is an Insurance Broker?
- College Dorm Insurance
- Does Homeowners Insurance Cover Natural Disasters?
- An Intro to Insurance Sublimits
- Victim Compensation Insurance
- Is Rental Car Insurance Worth It?
- Group Health Insurance for Small Business Owners
- How to Write a Demand Letter for an Insurance Company
- Pet Health Insurance: What Every Pet Owner Should Consider
- Strange Insurance You Probably Don't Need - But It's There if You Do!
- Insurance and Lawsuits: What Happens When You Are Sued
- Why You Need Disability Insurance
- Auto Liability Insurance: How Much Is Enough?
- 6 Reasons You Need Renter’s Insurance