David Hughes worked as a researcher and writer for two California litigation law firms between 1988 and 2005, and has worked on a freelance basis since then. His areas of expertise include personal injury litigation plaintiff and defense, medical malpractice plaintiff, contract law especially contracts of insurance, insurance bad faith litigation defense, insurance coverage opinion letters, administrative law defense . He also taught English in China and Azerbaijan for eight years and worked as a welder in shipyards in the San Francisco Bay Area for seven years. He is an outdoorsman and loves being in the mountains
Recent Articles by David Hughes
Need to know something about auto insurance? Consult this comprehensive guide to learn about additional coverage, how to get affordable rates, and more.
The first decision you have to make when shopping for insurance is whether to work with an insurance broker. Learn more about what a broker does, how they differ from insurance agents, and what to watch out for.
A child heading off to college is a momentous and emotional occasion, and most parents don't stop and wonder whether their child's belongings will be sufficiently insured while they're away. Find out if college dorm insurance is right for you.
All Articles by David Hughes
- The Ultimate Guide to Auto Insurance
- What Is an Insurance Broker?
- College Dorm Insurance
- Does Homeowners Insurance Cover Natural Disasters?
- An Intro to Insurance Sublimits
- Victim Compensation Insurance
- Is Rental Car Insurance Worth It?
- Group Health Insurance for Small Business Owners
- How to Write a Demand Letter for an Insurance Company
- Pet Health Insurance: What Every Pet Owner Should Consider
- Strange Insurance You Probably Don't Need - But It's There if You Do!
- Insurance and Lawsuits: What Happens When You are Sued?
- Why You Need Disability Insurance
- Auto Liability Insurance - How Much Is Enough?
- 6 Reasons You Need Renter’s Insurance