David Hughes worked as a researcher and writer for two California litigation law firms between 1988 and 2005, and has worked on a freelance basis since then. His areas of expertise include personal injury litigation plaintiff and defense, medical malpractice plaintiff, contract law especially contracts of insurance, insurance bad faith litigation defense, insurance coverage opinion letters, administrative law defense . He also taught English in China and Azerbaijan for eight years and worked as a welder in shipyards in the San Francisco Bay Area for seven years. He is an outdoorsman and loves being in the mountains
Recent Articles by David Hughes
Burial insurance is designed to cover your final expenses, but does it make sense for everyone? This article covers the various burial insurance options and who should purchase a policy.
Many people insure their possessions for damage or loss, but are they also insured during a move? Learn about moving insurance and when you should purchase it.
Most employees who suffer a work-related injury are entitled to workers' compensation benefits. Read this primer to find out what kind of injuries are compensable, what kind of benefits an injured worker can receive, and what obligations an employer has.
All Articles by David Hughes
- A Look at Burial Insurance
- You're Moving! Here's Why You Need Insurance
- An Intro to Workers' Compensation
- Back to the Basics: The Key Components of Your Home Insurance Policy
- Back to the Basics: The Key Components of Your Auto Insurance Policy
- The Ultimate Guide to Auto Insurance
- What Is an Insurance Broker?
- College Dorm Insurance
- Does Homeowners Insurance Cover Natural Disasters?
- An Intro to Insurance Sublimits
- Victim Compensation Insurance
- Is Rental Car Insurance Worth It?
- Group Health Insurance for Small Business Owners
- How to Write a Demand Letter for an Insurance Company
- Pet Health Insurance: What Every Pet Owner Should Consider
- Strange Insurance You Probably Don't Need - But It's There if You Do!
- Insurance and Lawsuits: What Happens When You are Sued?
- Why You Need Disability Insurance
- Auto Liability Insurance - How Much Is Enough?
- 6 Reasons You Need Renter’s Insurance