Does the way I pay for my insurance affect my premiums?
Does the way I pay for my insurance have any affect on my premiums?
In some sense, yes it does. There is no difference in premiums paid for choosing different payment methods (cash, check, credit card). However, whether you choose to pay your premiums in full upfront or via a monthly payment plan does affects the total premium that you will pay to the insurer (see What Influences Life Insurance Premiums? to find out what else you need to consider).
With a monthly premium payment plan, there are two additional charges you might incur: interest and a one-time setup fee for your payment plan account. The interest paid is typically between 1-2% per annum and the one-time setup fee is typically a nominal fee of $10 to $15.
More Q&As from our experts
- Does my company need cyber insurance?
- Does home insurance cover snow damage?
- Can I get a discount on my car insurance if I have winter tires?
Subscribe To the Insuranceopedia Newsletter!
Do you want to stay on top of New Terms, New Products, Free Software, and Specials? Join one of our email newsletters. It's fast and easy. You will be among the first to know about hot new insurance related articles, goodies and great deals - it will only take seconds!
- Free Life Insurance Quoter Tool: Get a life insurance quote online in minutes with Insuranceopedia and no hassles.
- Get a Life Insurance Quote with Insuranceopedia
- Get a life insurance quote online in minutes with Insuranceopedia's Free Life Insurance Quoter
- Win $100 Amazon Gift Card by taking our short reader survey!
- Win $100 Amazon Gift Card by taking our 2-minute Reader Survey