Insuranceopedia Explains Viatical SettlementViatacal settlements are often made by viatical settlement companies, companies that specialize in these transactions. However, any investor can make a viatical settlement.
These transactions can be a little risky. Investors are making a large upfront payment for the policy and need to be able to predict the seller's life expectancy. If the seller lives longer than expected, it will lower the investor's return. That's why many viatical settlement companies only make deals with people who have been diagnosed with terminal illnesses. On the other hand, if the seller dies earlier than expected, the investor will earn a higher return.
- Buying Versus Leasing a Car: Which Is Better?
- From the Experts: Top Tips for Saving Money on Your Insurance
- CLUE Yourself In: How Your Claims History Informs Your Insurance Future
- Hazard Insurance: Is Your Home Protected?
- A Look at Uninsurable Risk
- Maternity Coverage: Does Your Insurance Have You Covered?