Insuranceopedia Explains Viatical SettlementViatacal settlements are often made by viatical settlement companies, companies that specialize in these transactions. However, any investor can make a viatical settlement.
These transactions can be a little risky. Investors are making a large upfront payment for the policy and need to be able to predict the seller's life expectancy. If the seller lives longer than expected, it will lower the investor's return. That's why many viatical settlement companies only make deals with people who have been diagnosed with terminal illnesses. On the other hand, if the seller dies earlier than expected, the investor will earn a higher return.
- Hazard Insurance: Is Your Home Protected?
- A Look at Uninsurable Risk
- Maternity Coverage: Does Your Insurance Have You Covered?
- Insurance Tips for Newlyweds
- 4 Types of Liability Insurance Every Business Should Have
- Life Insurance Companies: 67 of the Biggest Carriers in the U.S.